Music Theory Workshops
Get answers for your questions about chords, harmonies, arranging, lyrics, notation, songwriting. Expand your skills & enhance your performances.
CHOOSE MUSIC THEORY OR SONGWRITING FOR A PRIVATE LESSON
with Band Leader/Arranger, (former Professor), Dr. Jarrett, Ph.D.
For more Details on Songwriting Click Here
How Can You Benefit from Music Theory?
There are a variety of ways to notate your music and simple but helpful charts are not that hard to make.
IF YOU ARE IN A BAND:
1) Rehearsals are far easier with some kind of “chart” for each musician.
2) You are less dependent on memory and can focus on rapport, cohesion and interpretation.
3) You can rehearse more songs, more quickly and effectively.
IF YOU ARE A SONGWRITER/SINGER:1) You have a more permanent and secure documentation of your creations.
2) You are more prepared for some kind of publication/protection of your work.
3) Digital Music on demand (printed songs from MusicNotes.com or other outlets) has become a real industry.
What is Covered in a Music Theory Session?
Choose Your Areas from:
- Scales and Keys: It’s not as hard as it seems! Learn the shortcuts.
- Chords and their Extensions: know your “sus” from your 9ths, your 6/9’s from slash chords
- Harmony: Learn More Advanced Chord Structures and Progressions
- Blend: Timbre and instrumentation is a deeply internalized and important aspect of music’s appeal.
- Rehearsal techniques can make the difference between great and OK performances.
- Vocal Harmonies: Blended, in tune harmonized vocals can have great impact. Learn the math.and your impact.
- Improve Your Improv: Understanding chords and progressions open up and feed your solo ideas.
- Repertoire: Tighten up your charts and arrangements to sharpen your performances
1) There are literally thousands of music theory books, but when someone is there to answer your questions, you can progress faster, easier and with more confidence. There are no “dumb” questions in my approach because music education has been consistently undercut for years, and many people end up with gaps in their knowledge.
2) College courses can be expensive, time consuming and often geared only to music majors (mostly studying Classical music or Musical Theatre).
3) Diverse Needs: This offering is for musicians of all kinds & levels, as well as music majors who may feel they didn’t learn enough or training relevant to the styles of music they prefer.
4) The classes are customized to students’ needs and priced to be affordable. This way access to each individuals needs/preferences is more available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
(Private or Group Session for Music Theory/Songwriting are also available.)
Beginning, Intermediate or Advanced theory, Notation, Chords, Scales, Keys, Song Forms, Arrangements…the sessions are tailored to the individuals who come. Email your questions here.
Click here to LIKE my Facebook page and get notice of posts on